Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blogger what is this...?

I log in to make a new post about idk yet and BLOGGER HAS CHANGED ITS LAYOUT.
This is foreign to me.
I don't take change very well.
At least it's pretty, but it's so weeeeird.

I guess this post will be about what I think of Blogger's new user interface.

Upon opening the 'posts' page (or at least that's what I think it is...), I came face-to-face with a familar layout.

The format looks just like the format of the new Google Mail. (Lol oops I accidentally wrote Google Male there. What is going on.) I guess this is what happens since Google owns Blogger?

I think it's a bit plain but the simplicity is nice. Then again, I am used to Gmail since it's my email provider of choice, so navigating this might be easier for someone like me compared to someone who normally uses maybe Yahoo Mail or something? :'D

The homepage is excruciatingly simple.


There isn't as much... clutter as before? I don't want to call it clutter since most of the features on the old homepage were pretty necessary, but this one is waaaaay cleaner. I can't say whether I like it better or not. It's alright. It is pretty sleek but...

Lacking so much color. Nooooo. Be colorful. Please. I don't like it so boring-like! But then again, I guess when you choose specific colors, you can't really please everybody.

The posting page itself is probably what I like the best about it?


Now this I like, yeah. Clean and simple, so you can concentrate on what you're writing/thinking/typing instead of having any sort of distractions. Then again, it also looks more like a microsoft word doc, which may give one the implication of writing some sort of essay, which in turn may hinder the creative free write-whatever-you-want thought process. Not me, though, since I am used to writing blog posts... anywhere. (I used to write them in Notepad when I didn't have internet, to write my thoughts down and save them for later publishing.)

in short:


homepage
aesthetics: 5/10
functionality: 7/10

I'm the type of person who doesn't like useless links on webpages, so the fact that Blogger reduced it to everything except what most need (post, reading, settings), is nice.

overview (posts, settings, stats, etc.)
aesthetics: 7/10
functionality: 9/10

Again, I'm used to this sort of layout since I'm a gmail user, so navigating is not hard at all for me lol. Even so, I think access to everything is pretty awesomely easy.

posting page
aesthetics: 8/10
functionality: 10/10

Simple and cleaaaaaaaan is the way that you're making me feeeeel tonight, it's hard to let go--
[ no but seriously if you get the reference under the strike through, hit me up so I can geek with you. ]

conclusion: 
Pretty good update, blogger. While normally I hate interface updates (HI YOUTUBE), this one is pretty decent. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. But I don't dislike it.

Also I would like it more if there was more color, but I guess not.

P.S.
If you don't like the new interface, there's currently the option to change back to the old one:


No comments:

Post a Comment